To our valued clients and partners,
Yesterday the Michigan Governor issued Executive Order 2020-21 and today the Wisconsin Governor issued Emergency Order #12. These orders exempt essential critical businesses, which includes financial institutions, insurance and settlement services. Therefore, Lighthouse Title Group (consisting of Lighthouse Title, Inc. and our affiliated entities) will continue our essential operations, including settlement closings.
In order to promote the safety and well-being of employees and clients, the following additional standards and procedures will be immediately implemented.
- Prior to the signing appointment – please ask your clients the following questions:
- Have you or anyone in your household had any cold or flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, within the last 14 days?
- Have you or anyone in your household been in contact with anyone diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Do you have any reason to believe that you may have been exposed to COVID-19 while you were traveling domestically or internationally within the last 14 days?
If answers to any of the above are a “YES”, the closing date will need to be cancelled. Please communicate with the other parties in this transaction to set up a future closing date and/or reach another solution.
- Attendance at closing – Only the essential parties that need to execute documents should come to the closing.
- We are attempting to limit the number of people in our offices and that our team comes into contact
- Lenders and/or Real Estate Agents may be conferenced in by phone upon
- Wash hands before the clos ing. If washing is not available use hand-sanitizer that contains at least 60%
- Closings IN our office – We are striving for minimal contact between our employees and clients.
- We will show the signing parties to the closing room and maintain a proper social distance during the reviewing and signing of the closing
- We will separate the buyers from the sellers in markets where traditionally all parties have been together to
- We will not shake hands and upon the completion of the transaction will clean the closing
- Additional Closing option AT our office – Drive up social distancing/peace of mind our office parking lot.
- Client(s) stay in the security of their vehicle
- We bring the documents out to clients to conduct the closing and sign
- We take a picture of the clients driver’s license(s)
- We notarize the documents and will send copies after all parties have signed!
- Expediting the closing
- We will email the closing package in advance of the
- We highly recommend that the client read the closing documents prior to the settlement
- This will reduce time spent in our office or in our parking
- Remote On-Line Notary (RON) update
- We are working with a vendor on a RON solution
- Note that RON only works in select counties based on the Register/Recorder office approval
- It also requires Lender approval. Stay tuned!
We hope that you can understand that we are here to continue serving you and your clients the best way that we possibly can while trying to maintain everyone’s safety and well-being at the same time. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to let us know. As always, thank you for your business and your continued support. Please stay safe.
Bob Wuerfel, President